Friday, June 3, 2016

Shake Down Cruise

We took the trailer on the road for the first time - a shake down cruise more for Donna & me than for the truck and trailer.  I have quite a bit of experience pulling trailers so I wasn't too worried about that - just need to build up my faith in the security of the 5th wheel hitch - these are new to me.  We made a few laps around town and ended up going to the National Guard parking lot (big lot that is empty during the week) and practiced backing up, checked the turning radius and experimented with how sharp I could turn without having the trailer hit the tool box.  All went well and we made it back without incident.  Now disconnecting the trailer was another story.  We could not get the hitch to release no matter what we did.  In a brief moment of weakness I decided to look at the manual and sure enough, the Curt hitch operates differently than the ones on the You Tube videos.  One minor change in procedure and the trailer released from the hitch.  



No comments:

Post a Comment